Wednesday 10 October 2012

AW12 Lust Haves... This Season's Most Darling Dresses

I'm having to take a brief enforced break from outfit posts at the moment, as my little pink point and shoot point blank refuses to shoot anything resembling a decent photo in this lovely dull October light, and I'm having issues finding a DSLR that agrees with me (as well as with my bank balance)... So, until I can share my birthday haul with you, I thought I'd share a few things which are still on my new season lust list...


1 & 2: Both AX Paris at New Look 

The mixi is going from strength to strength this season, and AX Paris is coming up trumps (these are both £35 or under) - rich-toned florals (and other prints, like peacock) on dark bases are perfect for AW. I'd wear these with heels and a metallic belt for evening, or opaques, boots, cute knits and a leather jacket for day.

3: New Look

All I want for Christmas... is an embellished flapper frock. I adore '20s style and have wanted something like this foreeeever - the lines of this dress make it look like it would hang beautifully, and I'm hopeful that, coupled with the neckline, this means it would work on an hourglass figure without turning into a potato sack!

4 & 5: Both Glamorous

A website I'd never have thought of hitting up until Look showcased some picks from their AW collection on their website. I'll admit I sneered at the sheer skirt trend when it first hit, but I'm completely in love with it now, and these two dresses are juuuuust divine. I've finally managed to snag the Primark bodycon mini dress with sheer maxi back and sides (to be showcased soon), so I think, other than that, I'll probably concentrate on teaming sheer maxis/mixis with bodies and other tops to create my own versions of this look, but if I could stretch my sheer clothing budget a leeetle bit further, these would definitely be on the wish list.

6: Primark

Now this, I will almost definitely be grabbing if and when I see it touch down  - my second shopping rule of thumb (after #1: Only buy it if you love it), is: If you love it and you're in Primark, buy it now (only occasionally relaxed when I consider something ridiculously overpriced, like that £14 cardi which I had the last laugh over when I got it in the sale for £6). I love the juxtaposition of the printed drop hem skirt against the leather top, and it will look fab dressed up or down.

See my past posts for a few more of my AW12 dream dresses in metallics, leather and velvet. More new season picks coming soon...


Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookInstagramPinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment