Monday 24 December 2012

How to Wear Disco Pants

I can't believe it's Christmas Eve already! My good blogging intentions have been somewhat derailed by midnight flits to Sainsbury's to stock up on sprouts recently, but I have been promising you a disco pants post for weeks now, so publish it I shall!

If someone had told me a year ago that one of the most coveted items of 2012, and one of my most-worn personally, would be shiny treggings, I would have been, well, horrified, most probably. But what they tell you is true, O unbelievers - they really are a tired and weary wardrobe's style saviour.

My BFF bought me the Boohoo Amerie pants for my birthday at the end of September - they are more legging-y than the button-up kind, but the waistband and fabric lifts them way above your standard variety (and believe me, I am usually legging crotch/waistband phobic!). They fit perfectly - not a spare millimetre of sag anywhere, but no pinching or pulling either. The smooth high-waisted fit makes them ideal under or over pretty much any top, and great with crop tops - a lot more flattering than your standard jean/leather skinny waistband. The only thing that annoys me is the fact that the elastic in the waistband is prone to twisting, so you have to be vigilant when pulling them up and down, but for £10, really, I'm sure you couldn't do better! (Psst... Don't forget to enter my Boohoo giveaway to win up to £100 to spend onsite...)

Here's how I've been wearing mine - from Christmas Day feast through Boxing Day Sales to New Year Knees Up, you won't need anything else to see you through the festive season, or, indeed, 2013 (except a few tops, obvs... and footwear... and emergency Quality Street).

Festive Cheer

Creepers: New Look (Current); Jumper: H&M (Past Season); Jacket: New Look (Past Season)

Glam-Casual - I wore this outfit out shopping, but the metallic knit would also make for a lovely Christmas Day look. Faux fur adds a vintage rock chick touch, whilst creepers give a casually quirky edge (and the little lace socks provide a layer of much-needed insulation!).

Plum Perfection


Blouse and Boots: Primark (Past Season)

This look was inspired by Kourtney Kardashian wandering around her kitchen in one syndicated reality show or another - I can't get enough of blouses tucked into high-waisted trousers with thigh-high boots - perhaps I was a pirate in a previous life. The smoothing down of quite a lot of tucked-in shirt by the pants here is pretty damn impressive!

Grunge for Divas

Jumper: Marks & Spencer (Past Season); Boots: Peacocks (Past Season)

An oversized knit and flat boots for an easy throw-it-on look which will allow you to tramp around in comfort all day, whilst retaining your effortless sheen.

Anyone For Aerobics?


Sweatshirt: Primark (Past Season); Wedge Trainers: River Island

Wedge high-tops + sweatshirt = a fun sports-luxe look with an '80s twist.

Suited and Booted

Shirt: New Look (Past Season); Boots: Love Label at Very (Past Season); Bow Tie: Primark (Past Season)

An oversized tux shirt and heeled boots combine with disco pants for a great day-to-night look, given added quirkiness by a cute bow tie (and a cummerbund-style belt if you so wish).

Peplum Passion

Top: New Look (Current); Belt: Miss Selfridge (Past Season); Boots: Primark (Past Season)

Time to get glam girlies? Of course I had to put together a peplum-based combo - don't you know me at all? The disco pants and ankle boots add edge to the classic shape, whilst an embellished belt raises the sparkle factor.

Harvesting the Winter Crops

Left - Top: Primark (Current); Boots: Boohoo* (Current)
Right - Top: H&M (Past Season); Boots: Peacocks (Past Season)

I couldn't be happier that wintry crop tops have been piled upon us this season, and they look fab with disco pants, whether you go for sparkly sequins, fierce studs or luxe velvet (just don't forget your coat).

*Part of my #PartyPose winner's haul, to be detailed in full soon!

All Wrapped Up

Body: Miss Selfridge; Belt: ASOS (Past Season); Shoes: Primark (Past Season)

A sexy unitard vibe (Mr Motivator, eat your heart out) accomplished by layering disco pants over a sheer-panelled body, and concealing the join with a belt. You could try studded leather for a tougher feel, but, as it's Christmas and all, I decided to wrap myself up, tying everything together with be-ribonned shoes.

Is It A Bird?

Cape: Primark (Past Season); Boots: Love Label at Very (Past Season)

And on top (if you're not feeling furry)? Well, pretty much anything goes, but the contrasting volume and fabric of a cape work well.

P-P-P-Pick up a Peplum

Jacket: Topshop (Current); Boots: Peacocks (Past Season)

Alternatively, a fitted peplum jacket makes the most of disco pants' killer bodycon fit for an insanely dramatic silhouette, and the combination of two sports-luxe style fabrics will endow you with a sci-fi superhero look. I decided on classic black, to take me from day to night, and disco pants to pencil skirt, but if you fancy making even more of a statement, have a squizz at the silver Fashion Union beauty I've been raving about for a while (which has now been reduced to £15!).

Merry Christmas! Go get your groove on ;)


See more recent posts featuring disco pants here


Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest

15 comments:

  1. Great ideas, I feel weird though wearing leggings and the likes without a long top. So suited and booted would be me. You look fab!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey :) I know what you mean, I wouldn't with normal leggings, but I'm a cautious convert in special cases now! x

      Delete
  2. You make disco panst look perfect for any occasion

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disco pants, if wore right, are some of the sexiest pants available. I think I may incorperate a great description into one of my stories... Would you mind if I used one of the outfits above, deary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the photos, or just a description of the outfit? I don't mind, as long as you clearly state that the copyright belongs to Sam Muses if you use a photo, and give a link back to this post :)

      Delete
  4. Like your ideas of wearing those pants!

    Would you like to follow each other?

    Happy Holidays!
    Marie
    StyleList By Me Blog
    Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! I will check out your blog as soon as I have a spare minute!

      Delete
  5. I'm sooo jealous of your beautiful long hair! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Id love a pair of these myself, such great looks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pearl :) Definitely worth it, they're so versatile x

      Delete
  7. Hey! Your blog is mazing and you have so wonderful pictures! Wanna follow eachother? just let me know it :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will check out your blog as soon as I get some time!

      Delete

  8. This is an intresting blog that you have posted, you shares a lot of things about Leather Jackets,Bodycon DressesDisco Pants. Which are very informative for

    us.Thanks

    ReplyDelete