Sunday 3 November 2013

Cobalt Print Midi: 2 Ways

AW13 is shaping up to be the season of the midi, so when Daxon offered to send me an item of my choice from their current collection, this skirt caught my attention immediately, especially since it served the additional purpose of filling the sad cobalt deficit in my wardrobe. Everyone who has reviewed it on the Daxon website so far is around 3 times my age, but, what with its funky animal/camo print mash-up thrown into the bargain, it couldn't really be much more on-trend if it tried! Anyway, I've never been averse to stealing septuagenarian style - Nana Muses and I own more than one piece of identical clothing!

Although I'm usually a size 8 around the waist, and sizes for this piece start at 10/12, I decided to risk it and pray that the elastic would keep it from falling down around my ankles! It sits just below my natural waistline with no stress on the elastic at all, but would certainly stretch to fit size 10/12 comfortably too (the elastic is flat, so no need to worry about unsightly "corrugation"!). It's incredibly comfortable, finished to a very high level, and swishes rather pleasingly too. And it's just been reduced to a measly £12!

Sam Muses, UK Fashion Blog, London Style Blogger, Daxon, Cobalt Blue, Midi Skirt, High Waisted, How to Wear, Styling Ideas, Outfit Ideas, Print, Animal, Camouflage, Fluted, Primark, Pussybow Blouse, Sleeveless, Ankle Cuff Court Shoes, Black, Heels, Chain Strap Vest Top, Cami, Chain Belt, Bowler Hat, Biker Jacket, Leather, Cut Out Shoe Boots, Peep Toe, Multi Buckle, Gold

Mummy Muses decided that a few more cobalt co-ordinates were in order if its full potential was to be realised, so a £20 Primark trolley dash furnished me with two blue tops and a pair of shoes to play with (the skirt does have a matching blouse, but sadly I couldn't be supplied with the full outfit)... good excuse, anyway. I decided to style it up two ways, contrasting a classic '50s vintage-inspired look with a more edgy contemporary take. Now I'm envisioning it with a fluffy (cobalt?) knit, long boots and a fedora for deepest winter... ooh, and a crop top and wedges for SS14!


Bolt from the Blue




Skirt c/o Daxon (Available Here), Blouse and Shoes: Both Primark (Current)


Black and Blue All Over


Skirt c/o Daxon; Top, Hat, Boots and Belt: All Primark


Have you gone crazy for cobalt yet? How do you max your midi?



Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookInstagramPinterest

5 comments:

  1. I have been trying to find a blouse in cobalt, but so far .. no such luck. I do love the blue heels from Primark <3.

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I am completely in love with them, so comfy too... I was amazed to find them for £12, and the tops for £6 and £2 - cobalt paradise!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Porsh! I wasn't sure about them on the shelf, but as soon as I tried them on it was love!

      Delete
  3. Just jacked off to these pics

    ReplyDelete