Friday 27 June 2014

Neon Kimono + The Peplum Hem, Part 2: The Mini

It had been a year since my last kimono fix and I was fairly jonesing for a SS14 update... when I spied this neon wonder in Sainsbury's, of all places! Natch, it went straight into our basket of "essentials", even if we did only go in for lettuce... oops! The sharp blazer-esque cut combined with that eye-popping hue - O.M.G

Meanwhile, meteorological demands continue to compel me to purchase summer "essentials" in the form of as many cute little dresses/playsuits/white-and-or-pastel-coloured-garments as I can lay my hands on (well, I haven't had time to dig last year's out of storage yet, so needs must); one such dividend being this ridiculously cute pep-hem Primark shift (now reduced from an already measly £13 to a frankly crazy £5 in my local store!). A little bit '20s Chanel, a little bit '60s Twiggy and a little bit '80s party girl, this was a bit of a "what-the-hell" impulse buy for me, assuming as I did that, in all likelihood, the stretch fabric/drop-waist shift style/monster-frill medley would add up to a monster no-no for an hourglass figure/woman over 5, but, as it turned out, the combination seemed to make for a flatteringly chic recipe - my pick for wear-any-and-everywhere summer dress of the year so far!


Tu, Sainsbury's, Neon, Kimono, Fluorescent, Fluoro, Lime, Yellow, Green, Blazer, SS14, Primark, Stretch, Mini Dress, Drop Waist, Pep Hem, Peplum, Textured, Jacquard, Sleeveless, '60s Style, '20s Style, '80s Style, Chanel, How to Wear, Styling Ideas, Outfit Inspiration, Style Blogger, London, Fashion Blog, UK, Sam Muses










Kimono: Tu at Sainsbury's, Dress: Primark, Shoes: Dorothy Perkins


Anyone else gone nuts for neon, potty for peplums or, er, krazy for kimonos this season? 


Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookInstagramPinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment